FocusedKids is gearing up for one of Carbondale’s most festive First Friday celebrations of the year – the Family Block Party & Pride Parade on September 3rd! Festivities begin at 4:00 PM in 4th Street Plaza in downtown Carbondale, CO. There will be live music, family-friendly activities, local eats, and a beer/spirit tent. 100% of all proceeds from this event go back into the community to support local youth and family organizations, including FocusedKids.
Be sure to bring the kiddos to our table where we’ll be celebrating “Gratitude and Back-to-School”. Getting back into the school routine is always tricky, but especially this year. Kids may be feeling excited and nervous all at once. The disruption last year interfered not only with education, but with their relationships and social skills. No wonder they are bubbling with feelings!
Kids will be encouraged to think of one thing they are grateful for about going back to school. They can paint back-to-school gratitude rocks and take home a bag of goodies, including the Grateful Goat story (in English or Spanish), colored pencils, and our back-to-school coloring page (in English or Spanish)!
Other Event Highlights
- Pride Parade down Main Street at 5:30 PM – Everyone is welcome to walk!
- KidZone by the Carbondale Recreation & Community Center
- LIFT–UP “Restock The Pantry” – Bring a non-perishable food item!
- Crafts by HANDMAKERY & Rosybelle Mobile Maker Space
- Covid-19 Vaccine Clinic by Valley View Hospital – Free ice cream for those getting vaccinated!
- Carbondale Creative District vendors & local organizations with great info & fun activities for kids
- CARE Beer & Spirit Garden
- Local eats by Slow Groovin’ BBQ
- Silent Auction
- Adoptable pets from Colorado Animal Rescue