Mission, Vision, Values & Goals
The FocusedKids mission is to deliver a program that emphasizes the importance of safe relationships with children and provides engaging ways to learn about the brain and self-regulation. In addition, the goal is to prepare children for academic and life success using well-developed executive function skills.
All children and the adults in their lives are experiencing safe relationships, understanding how their brain works and how to be in charge of it, empowering them for academic and life success.
- All people matter.
- The path to health equity is achieved by supporting all ethnicities.
- Offer a program that is available to anyone with little or no cost.
We have three goals:
- Children learn three parts of their brain, the role each plays, and how to be in charge of those parts. Or to self-regulate.
- Children learn mindful calming and focusing techniques that will help them manage those parts of the brain responsible for feelings and behavior.
- Parents, teachers, caregivers, and anyone working with young children learn the FocusedKids concepts and exercises, understand the concept of co-regulation, and make practice part of their daily routine with their children.